Summer time and your skin is breaking out. How to care for your acne prone skin.
Heat rises and the skin breaks out; teens and adults alike. Acne prone skin is the most common skin issue affecting millions. There are factors that contribute to the skin breaking out. Knowing what they are can help you help your skin keeping it glowing, healthy and balanced all summer long.
A sweet tooth is linked to oilier skin.
Those summer sweet treats play a part. Diet plays a large role in how our skin behaves and appears. Eating food or drinks with refined sugar raises insulin in the body, which leads to excess oil production. This can cause acne.
- eat a foods that are free of refined sugar
- reduce dairy
- look for foods that are anti inflammatory - fresh vegetables, fruits.
Stress is linked to oiler skin.
Elevated cortisol levels in the body prompts the skin to be oilier, which in turn could make the skin acne prone.
- seek out ways to relax
- exercise like yoga
- focus on your breathe
- reach out to a friend, family or professional to talk
Bacteria in makeup brushes, sponges are no help to acne prone skin. Under your finger nails is a bacteria haven.
Anything that touches your skin, including hands can transfer bacteria
onto the skin and prompt a flare up.
- Always clean makeup brushes.
- Wash your hands before touching your face.
- Use AHA BHA cleansers to slough away dead skin cells
that can harbour bacteria.
- Change pillow cases at least once per week or more.
- Change or wash protective face masks daily.
- Don’t pick your skin with finger nails which are notorious to harbour bacteria.
- Face sponges, they hold bacteria, mold if not cleaned and dried thoroughly, frequently. Stop using during active break out.
- During an active break out after cleansing, pat skin dry with a fresh towel, then launder the towel to avoid transferring bacteria.
What are the best ingredients to
care for acne prone summer skin?
Skin care can go a long way to care for acne prone skin. Blemishes can leave behind dark marks or spots. It is important to wear sunscreen in the summer to minimize darkening of post acne spots. Sunscreen is necessary when using glycolic acid products.
Skin smoothing, pore purifying Salicylic, Glycolic Acid
Ingredients like glycolic, salicylic keep pores from clogging sloughing away dead skin cells to reveal fresher looking skin. No pore clogging means your skin is less likely to break out. ( Diego Dalla Palma Purifying, Pink Avenue, Eco Pink)
Skin balancing, skin energizing
Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Green Tea
Niacinamide and vitamin C keep the skin calm, helps reduce redness while normalizing oily skin. Green tea extract and hyaluronic acid are ideal for acne prone skin that is also sensitive and dry. (Pink Avenue, Eco Pink, Diego Dalla Palma )
Skin strengthening, skin renewal Revinage™ and EGF
Sun safe retinoid Revinage™ and skin renewing EGF boosts skin youth factor while helping to prevent pore clogging. Skin firming and rejuvenating, a Pro Age bonus when caring for adult acne. ( ECO Pink)
Blue Light Therapy - LightStim for Acne
Pair great skin care with the therapeutic benefits of blue light with LightStim for Acne and it is an effective combination to keep your skin happy and healthy all summer long!
Best ingredients for summer acne or anytime of the year.
- salicylic acid
- green tea extract
- hyaluronic acid
- glycolic acid
- niacinamide combined with vitamin C
- titanium dioxide, zinc oxide - outdoor protection
- probiotic lactobacillus (Diego Dalla Palma Purifying)
- EGF - epidermal growth factor
Online skin consultation
Need guidance to select the ideal skin care for your skin?
Have an online skin consultation!
Top skin care picks to manage acne prone skin, keeping it glowing and healthy all summer long.